Military Service Records

Military discharge papers (DD 214's) may be filed in the Mills County Recorder's office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

Certified Copy

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. This may be done in person or through the mail. Please send a photocopy of your driver's license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Additional Resources

  • Veterans Affairs
    602 S Locust
    Glenwood, IA 51534
  • Phone: 712-527-5621

If enlisted from the state of Iowa:

  • Iowa Commission of Veterans Affairs
    7700 NW Beaver Drive
    Building A6A
    Camp Dodge
    Johnston, IA 50131
  • Phone: 515-242-5331