You may register to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You are a resident of Iowa.
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before election day.
If you are 17½ years old, you may register to vote, but your registration will not be effective until your 18th birthday.
If You Move
If you move within the county where you are registered to vote, you may change your address before the close of registration:
- By notifying the county auditor in writing. Include your full name as it appears on the voter registration records, your old and new addresses, and your signature. If more than one person is submitting a change, each person must sign the notice.
- By completing a new registration form.
- By making the change in person at the county auditor's office or other registration sites.