General Relief

Program Assistance

Programs offered through Mills County General Relief are emergency rent and utility assistance, emergency food assistance (working in coordination with local food pantries), and burial assistance for indigent clients.  Applications for Southern Iowa Regional Housing Authority (SIRHA) and rent reimbursement claims are also available.

The Mills County General Relief office helps clients assess their needs, assists in client referrals, and coordinates with other community resources as necessary. The General Relief office works closely with local organizations to ensure services are not duplicated and to maximize resources for resolving local poverty issues.

Facebook Page

Visit the Mills County Public Health Facebook Page.